5 Loves From This Week
I was reading the news this morning, as I do each morning, and realized something. I feel absolutely drained after my morning news fix. Why? Because its emotionally exhausting to read such negativity and then feel what these people must feel having to go through such tragedy. Why do I do this to myself? Every morning. Its like driving by a car accident and feeling the urge to look. For some reason we are drawn to it. I love reading about current events, foreign affairs, and other news topics but I am going to have to steer clear of the local news.
I need positive thoughts.
I'm working on my +think page to address just that. In the mean time, I will remind myself of five things I've come across this week I love.
- My little baby boy has officially grown out of his size 3 diapers and size 9 month clothes! This one is bittersweet, though. My little baby is no longer a little baby. He is a chunk! It difficult to imagine him ever being 3lbs 10oz and too small for preemie clothes!
- My Lubin Gin Fizz perfume. Its floral notes bring me back to a more refined time and reminds me of 1950s sophistication and chicness. Stop by Lily Downtown Charleston to check out some swanky fragrances (among other things). I spritz myself on the way out in the morning. It is amazing the feeling a scent can bring.
- My Erin Condren planner. My sister got it for me a short time back, and it goes with me everywhere! It is so pretty I hate to waste the pages...so its full of post its. But, it works for me. One of upcoming projects is most definitely going to be creating a lifestyle planner--while incorporating post its of course.
- Duck Dynasty started back this week. I'm newly obsessed
- This blog inspires me! So many projects! --> YoungHouseLove